She’s one of the most powerful performers in the entertainment industry, and Time Magazine has repeatedly named her one of the top 100 Most Influential People in the World. As one of the top-selling music artists of all time, she has won countless awards and accolades, and has a net worth of at least $355 million.
Not only that, Beyoncé is an entrepreneur and businesswoman who has built a tremendously powerful global brand. Beyoncé recently announced a major partnership with Adidas for her “athleisure” clothing brand Ivy Park, and on April 17, she dropped her Homecoming live album and documentary about her history-making Coachella performance. Homecoming is one of three projects in her new deal with Netflix (reportedly valued at $60 million).
1. “I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.”
2. “I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world. I run my world.”
3. “Don’t try to lessen yourself for the world; let the world catch up to you.”
4. “Power is not given to you. You have to take it.”
5. “If you don’t take the time to think about and analyze your life, you’ll never realize all the dots that are all connected.”
6. “Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.”
7. “I don’t feel like I have to please anyone. I feel free. I feel like I’m an adult. I’m grown. I can do what I want. I can say what I want. I can retire if I want. That’s why I’ve worked hard.”
8. “We all have our imperfections. But I’m human, and you know, it’s important to concentrate on other qualities besides outer beauty.”
9. “If everything was perfect, you would never learn, and you would never grow.”
10. “I embrace mistakes. They make you who you are.”
11. “Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.”
12. “Never let success go to your head, never let failure get to your heart.”
13. “The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence.”
14. “Do what you were born to do. You just have to trust yourself.”
15. “When I’m not feeling my best, I ask myself, ‘What are you gonna do about it?’ I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me.”
16. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.”
17. “I can never be safe; I always try and go against the grain. As soon as I accomplish one thing, I just set a higher goal. That’s how I’ve gotten to where I am.”
The opinions expressed here by Inc.com columnists are their own, not those of Inc.com.